Charlie headed out today for a week long business trip. We have been spoiled having him home so the house just won't be the same. As Aniela and I hold down the fort we plan on keeping busy with runs, playgroups, trips to the library, and gymnastics class which we started for the first time last Thursday. Aniela had a hard time adjusting to such a structured activity since she has been miss independent lately and prefers being able to do her own thing. I did manage to get a picture in the changing room prior to entering the facility but after that I was pretty hands on with her so no other picture opportunities came up. It took her a long time to warm up but by the end of the class she released her death grip around my neck and joined in. Her instructor, Miss Julie, assured me that most kids cry and fuss their first time but by the end of the session they get used to the structure of things and start to really develop their balance, strength, and confidence. I'll just be happy if she doesn't throw a tantrum at the next class!! Hopefully next week I will be able to get some pictures of her in action.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Those Darn Business Trips...
Charlie headed out today for a week long business trip. We have been spoiled having him home so the house just won't be the same. As Aniela and I hold down the fort we plan on keeping busy with runs, playgroups, trips to the library, and gymnastics class which we started for the first time last Thursday. Aniela had a hard time adjusting to such a structured activity since she has been miss independent lately and prefers being able to do her own thing. I did manage to get a picture in the changing room prior to entering the facility but after that I was pretty hands on with her so no other picture opportunities came up. It took her a long time to warm up but by the end of the class she released her death grip around my neck and joined in. Her instructor, Miss Julie, assured me that most kids cry and fuss their first time but by the end of the session they get used to the structure of things and start to really develop their balance, strength, and confidence. I'll just be happy if she doesn't throw a tantrum at the next class!! Hopefully next week I will be able to get some pictures of her in action.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dog gone it ... Charles was supposed to put Aniela in his suitcase and bring her to Illinois!!!
Oh well, maybe someday.
Aniela must have inherited that "death grip" from her Aunt Susanna who exhibited similar behavior at her first swim class at about the same age.
Behavior yourself while Charlie is gone!
Post a Comment