Well everyone warned us that we would get to -40 but with all the lovely weather we have been having I just didn't believe it. Well I believe it now! It's a good thing we took advantage of the warmer temps on Saturday because it's gone downhill ever since Saturday night.
Yesterday we had blizzard like conditions and a high of -28C (-19F). The temp as we speak is -32C (-26F). If you think that sounds cold the windchill brings the "real feel" temp down to -45C (-49F) !!!! And no -49F is not a typo. The scale actually evens out at -40. Then anything below that Celsius and Fahrenheit reverse where Fahrenheit is measured lower than Celsius. Sorry that is as detailed of an explanation as I can give because I am not a math person! Not to mention the fact that most of you out there who read my blog already knew that, unlike me who was clueless!
We don't have any activities planned today so we are happy to stay in close to the warm fire. However tomorrow we are going to have to grit our teeth and face the cold as we head to our library group. Hope this weather doesn't last too long!
1 comment:
Holy sh@*
Remember "Body Heat" if you lose electricity;)
Danuta
Post a Comment