Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Laying Low

Since Charlie left we have been laying low. The temperatures have dropped again and -23C is enough to keep us inside for most of the time. We make an attempt to venture out at least once a day, even if it is just to the grocery store.


Aniela is keeping busy these days and is into a lot of "role-playing". Whenever I cook she goes over to her little kitchen and does the same. She even loves to clean, following me around and imitating everything I do. To bad her little vacuum isn't a real one. Something definitely to consider putting a patent on! Her language is developing at an exponential rate as well. We really have to be careful now of what we say around her. I'm dreading the day she blurts out a bad word in public because as much as we try and watch our mouths around her it's inevitable that words will slip out! It's unreal how fast she is growing and I can hardly believe that her second birthday is just around the corner.

Being Silly: Aniela's newest thing is taking one arm out of her sleeve.



Another big event around the house lately is potty training. I know it's a little early but the doctor at her 18 mo check-up said that I can start introducing the concept. I can't imagine what it would be like not to have to buy diapers anymore! Although I realize that it is still a long way off. Maybe I'll luck out and she will catch on like a pro...I'm not holding my breath!
Above: Aniela making sure nothing inappropriate shows on camera.
Right: Nothing like a good read while on the john..must be taking after Daddy!

1 comment:

tod said...

can't wait until Aniela brings home a boyfriend ... and you can show him her first potty pix.