Wednesday, July 4, 2007

It's Independance day???

Up here in Fort McMurray the 4th of July came and went like any other day of the year. I almost forgot it was a holiday till Charlie said "Happy 4th". This last Sunday was Canada's equivalent to the 4th, known as Canada Day. We celebrated Canada Day with taking a tour of the mine as everyone saw from the previous post and also lounged around in the backyard while Aniela enjoyed her first swim up here in Fort McMurray.

Prior to moving we decided to buy one of those kiddy pools for her and she loved it. We were even able to connect the hose to the laundry room sink and fill her pool up with nice bath water temps...just like in Arizona!!

Today though was a laid back day with Charlie leaving early in the morning for Edmonton. Later on in the day we went to the park with Granny and Maggie,where there were a lot of kids for Aniela to play with and doggies to pet. Afterwards Aniela was in dire need of a bath and the laundry room sink was the best place to dunk the little munchkin in. I must say I have been spoiled with this laundry room. What else can a women ask for than a laundry room with 8 feet of counter space, upper and lower cabinets for storage, and of course a nice deep sink for all those muddy shoes we will have up here; when were not using it as Aniela's bathtub of course!! We ended the day by grilling up some great hamburgers and ice cream for dessert. Guess I should have made some traditional American Apple Pie now that I think about it...oh well there's always next year! Hope your 4th was a great one...

1 comment:

Susanna said...

Boy, looks like you had a funday. I am definitely jealous of the laundry space and that you have such a cute chunk in the sink!