What a view!!!
Well I survived my first
mountain biking experience and all I have to say is I'm still alive. What a work out. I was so tense the whole time trying not to get impailed by a huge log or fall of the edge of the cliff that I think every muscle in my body, including my fingers which were clenching the handlebars so tight, got a workout. I must say this is
definitely not for everyone. Maybe it's a guy thing since there is a lot of adrenaline with this sport. I did start to warm up to it in the end and my goal eventually is to get through the trail with minimal bike dismounts!! Aside from the logs that we had to go over there was plenty of winding turns, trying to squeeze through two trees that were only 12 inches apart, and 80 degree inclines that I
don't know how people go down without flipping over the bike or go back up for that matter. Pushing the bike up these hills was not easy either!!! We did stop a few times to take in the beautiful scenery (a good excuse to catch our breaths!!) Hopefully next time I get a little more comfortable with the uneasiness of the ground.
Yep that's me...and I'm still smiling
Charlie the pro taking in the view

After the bike ride Granny had homemade popcorn ready to go. A Sunday tradition that she grew up with as a young girl and something we just may start. Not only is popcorn really good but you can't beat how easy it is to make!! As you can see we were hungry after our bike ride and Aniela loved her first popcorn experience. Hopefully her tummy doesn't hurt tomorrow!!!

1 comment:
You go girl!
Glad you lived, tell mom we miss her popcorn!
Post a Comment