Sunday, August 26, 2007

Where did the Time Go?

My mom left today and the time went by way too fast as it usually does. I feel like she just got here! We woke up to a dreary day appropriate for the farewell.

While visiting, my mom, Aniela, and I spent most of the week playing, shopping, and renting movies. Before my mom came up I warned her that the shopping here is not anything to write home about; unlike Arizona which practically had a Costco and major shopping mall on every corner. It was nice though to just take it easy and relax. A much needed break for Babcia who still works, and a chance for us girls to just spend some time together.

Yesterday, while Babcia babysat, Charlie and I were going to go out and celebrate our belated four year anniversary. But we never got out because of yucky weather, headaches, and a bought of nauseousness on my part...probably due to a car ride we had taken in the afternoon (the older I get the more prone I have become to motion sickness of whindy roads!) Instead we decided to just order Chinese take-out and poor Charlie was subjected to the chick flick "Because I Said So", which I thought was cute! I know were a pretty pathetic old married couple already, but just being together, no matter where we are, is enough for us! Plus we can always get a babysitter for a date night and my mom isn't always going to make it up here to Fort McMurray since ticket prices are outrageous. You can get a trip to Europe for the same price!

Thanks for visiting mom, we had a blast, and don't worry we will see you soon for Thanksgiving!


No comments: