Wednesday, August 8, 2007

No News

Things have been pretty quite around these parts. Hence the lack of entries lately. So when all else fails theres always the weather to report on. We have been getting a lot of rain lately and I love it!! You must think I'm crazy but I really enjoy the dreary rainy days where were shelled up playing in the house and drinking hot tea! Don't get me wrong, a whole week of it would probably get a little old but most of the rainy days here are broken up with the sunny days so it's really nice.

Today is no exception and as forcasted it looks like we are in for an all day rain event. I think the high is only going to be 60 degrees. This week in general is going to be cooler and then were going to see some warm weather again next week just in time for my mom's visit, which were waiting for in anticipation.

Aniela is doing great. Talking lots, in her own language of course. Walking around constantly. Her new thing is putting the pieces of her wooden animal puzzles into the washer.She will trek back and forth between the family room and laundry until all the wooden animals are in the laundry machine. Then she will attempt to close the door and turn one of the several knobs on the washer, obviously imitating mom on laundry days...which is usually everyday!

Another thing Aniela is into lately is crackers, and nothing else! I have a very picky eater on my hands. At least she likes milk, yogurt and cottage cheese so I know she is getting plenty of calcium. The rest of the food groups are pretty much non-existent for her. Once in awhile she will venture away from the carb group but not very often. I have been holding off on juice in fear that the sugary goodness will only cause her to stray from milk, but with her lack of interest in foods with vitamin C I think I have no choice! The most frustrating part of it all is that I can't just call up my pediatrician here because she hasn't even seen her. And I would probably have to make a whole appointment for her just to see if she could take one of those children's gummy vitamins a little early. I think I'll just have to make a call and see what they say.

And since I have no related pics here are a few older ones of a hike we went on last week

Below is the view from the back of our house.


A fallen tree from a beaver...It's amazing what they can do!

2 comments:

tod said...

I'll have to bring her some of Grampa's cookies.

tod said...

Maybe thoses puzzle pieces are really dirty, eh? Granny :)