Monday, August 13, 2007

Making Friends

We had a great weekend! Friday night we invited 2 couples over for a dinner get together. Larry and Mike work for the CAT dealership and moved up here to Fort Mac around the same time we did. We have gone out with them a few times and decided to have them over. We had a blast and even had a chance to catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights. To tell you the truth I wouldn't have even thought they were anything but reflections from some strobe light down town until Darlene pointed out the faint greenish-yellow glow stretched over the sky. A little sneak preview of what's to come in the next couple of months.

Then on Saturday our neighbors Jackie and Al invited us to go and check out the art festival going on downtown. We knew it was going to be a small event considering it's Fort McMurray but nonetheless it was great to get out and get some fresh air. We walked to the various tents, looked at all the arts and craft booths and listened to some music by various artists. Aniela absolutely loved being outside and was the center of attention as she did her little head bopping and feet stomping to the beat of the guitars!

Everyone we have met up here has been so welcoming and nice to us. Jackie and Al especially have made us feel like we have been next door neighbors for years. Aniela enjoys all the attention she gets from them and it's comforting to know there is someone we can go to for anything.

The kicker of it all is that I did not get one single picture from our exciting weekend. I think this will be the first blog I don't post a picture. It just doesn't seem the same. I promise I will get my act together by the end of the week. I have to because Babcia is coming into town on Thursday!!

2 comments:

Susanna said...

HA! You are worried about not posting piz- I haven't even blogged- it's turning into a once a week thing! Glad you're making friends!

tod said...

Bet your mother is going to enjoy Aniela's dancing!

Enjoy her visit.