Friday, August 3, 2007

Splish Splash

The splash park finally opened yesterday. This whole summer they have been working on getting it up and going. Not a day went by that we didn't see some kid push the button in anticipation that the water would come spurting out of the various whimsical structures..only to be disappointed once again. But disappointed little kids no more...yesterday the splash park was swarming with young and old alike. Aniela just had to join in on the fun and so us girls got our bathing suits on, lathered up the sunscreen, and headed for the park.

Aniela was not to fond of the cold water. I don't blame her. I could barely stand going through myself. She would walk around the perimeter and when a mist of water would hit her you could hear the high pitch squeal across town. Instead she favored chasing a little boy just a month older than her and walking around in the dirt scoping out the best rock she could find. Maybe next summer, when shes a little older, she'll enjoy it more.

1 comment:

tod said...

Wish I was there! maybe next year,eh?

Granny