 |
| 30 day radishes really only took 30 days! |
Charlie planted our cool weather veggies, from seeds, about a month ago and we already have radishes! We harvested some yesterday and added them to our salad. They added a nice peppery touch. The rest of the garden is in now and we can't wait for everything to come up. Some of our lettuce is almost ready to harvest and this year our strawberries are coming in bigger. We may actually get some if the squirrels leave them alone. Charlie also added planting beds behind the strawberries where we will try to grow some beans, peas and edamame. We love our garden and how it gets our kids to eat or at least try to eat everything in it!
 |
| Lettuce, tomatoes, cabbage, swiss chard, cucumbers, onions, kohlrabi, green peppers, jalepenos, brussel sprouts, and basil...I think I got everything! |
 |
| Strawberries at the top, bean and peas on the first tier, and edamame on the second tier |
This last weekend Charlie and my dad also busted their rears to get an outhouse up at our land, which we have officially named Shady Grove. There are only a few things left to do but we now have a functioning outhouse. I can't wait to paint it. I know it's just an outhouse but it's an opportunity for me to paint and have some fun decorating it. There are even some great inspirational pictures on the internet that I am going to pull from.
 |
| Aint it purdy! |
Then after the outhouse was done Charlie built two 8-foot picnic tables. This time around Granny and Grandpa came by to help purchase and haul all the wood in their truck. Then they stayed to wrangle the kids so I could help out. Charlie found the blueprints online and five hours later they were done! Again, he pretty much can do anything he puts his mind to and now can add expert picnic table builder to his list of talents.
 |
| We even ate dinner on them to test everything out..they worked great. |
So this marathon of building stuff is for our upcoming memorial weekend camp-out. Charlie's side of the family is going to meet us at Shady Grove for some weaner roasting, s'more eating, four wheeling, creek hopping and romping in the woods fun. Well at least we think it's fun! I'll be back after the weekend with pictures and an update.
1 comment:
Ah, who wouldn't love looking at a pix of three CBW's?
I mean, that should be on the cover of a magazine ... not the picnic table ... I mean, who wants to look at picnic table pix.
But three(3) CBW's ... now that's hot.
Post a Comment