Friday, February 18, 2011

A Little Taste of Spring...

We have had such a beautiful week. The temperatures have been in the mid 40's and 50's so as a result the snow we got from our recent blizzard has nearly disappeared. The kids are loving being able to spend a few hours in the afternoon getting out and playing. It doesn't take that much of a warm up to get us outdoors. In just these few days we have dusted off the bikes and trikes, colored the driveway with sidewalk chalk, hula-hooped, jump roped, and explored the uncovered sidewalks in the neighborhood. Charles especially enjoys pointing out all the dog poop along the way exclaiming, "ewwww poop" each time he spots the heaping mounds. I'm not sure what is so cool about dog doodoo but I guess if I was little and saw poop on the sidewalk for the first time I too would be interested in the concept, considering we are raised to have it contained inside the home. Either that or Charles is just a typical boy and thinks any gross bodily function is funny and cool to point out. So until the temperatures drop back down, since I can't imagine this is it for below freezing temps, we will be outside enjoying the stinky...I mean, fresh air!


And here is a little video of Aniela. It looks like she is enjoying her hula hoop so much she just couldn't help singing about it.

2 comments:

tod said...

Love the warm weather and the update on the grandbabies.

We saw you walking up by the condos, Charles pushing his car stroller, Aniela rolling on her scooter. Some pregnant lady walking near them.

It was a sight that warmed Granny and Grampa's hearts, even though we couldn't stop due to traffic.

Chelsea said...

ha! LOVE the song. I wish I could hula hoop too, Aniela! Good effort though. She was shakin' those hips!

How funny that 40's is a heat wave and the kids are outside playing. You definitely still have some Canadian in you!