Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Full House


Last Thursday our niece and nephew, Rebecca and Patrick, stayed with us while their parents went on a 10 year anniversary getaway. We were all excited to have them over the weekend. Rebecca is 6 and Patrick is 3 so they had a blast with Aniela and Charles. I loved spending time with them and getting a glimpse of what's to come when my own kiddos are a little older! What amazed me the most was how independent they were. They made having 4 kids seem easy...and I'm not just saying that. Don't get me wrong, I was also going non-stop, but I enjoyed every moment and the kids helped out a lot.

Let's go out and build a snow cave

Patrick and Charles being Kings of the mountain

Patrick not afraid to dive right into the snow
Grandpa took us out to McDonald's for lunch on Friday

A pizza night with Granny and Grandpa

Aniela and Charles enjoyed having there cousins to play with 24/7 and believe me there was never a dull moment in the house. If only I can bottle up some of that energy! On Sunday night I told Charlie that it felt weird having the house so empty and quiet. I got used to the extra laughs, kids running around, and non-stop conversations going on throughout the house. I know I said this before but it is nice to be close to family so we can help eachother out and get a chance to really know our nieces and nephews. Thanks for letting us have the kids Susanna and Eric, we had a blast and can't wait for future sleepovers!

Rebecca and Aniela playing dress up

The kids dancing off energy before bed

There were crafts everyday so Aniela was in heaven having cousins to craft with

The boys would join in too
Making Valentine sugar cookies
The boys having fun with empty cardboard boxes...go figure!

Having some down time with a movie

1 comment:

Pam said...

We LOVE our grandbabies! They are awesome. Marta and Charlie, maybe you should have 4 kids, eh? We wouldn't object!

Love,
Granny and Grandpa