We just returned from Edmonton on Tuesday night. Charlie had a meeting on Monday so Aniela and I tagged along for some last minute shopping. She is officially all set for the winter and skiing season. I have a feeling Charlie and Aniela will be hitting the slopes quite a bit while I stay warm inside with the baby.We of course stayed with Chelsea, Dayven and Wyatt. It had been a few months since Aniela and Wyatt saw each other and they had a blast as always. Aniela and I also met their new puppy, Finley. He is so adorable and on the car ride home Aniela agreed that she would like a puppy some day.
Yesterday we also celebrated Charlies 29th birthday! I teased him all day about having only one more year to go before the big 30. Who am I to talk...I'm not to far behind! We celebrated with rack of lamb for dinner and of course birthday cake. But not just any old kind. It has to be a white cake with white buttercream frosting. The more refined sugar the better! Aniela definitely takes after her father and couldn't get enough of the cake. Actually it's more accurate to say that she takes after her aunt Susanna and loves the icing the best. She practically ate around the cake and aimed straight for the frosting. I'm not picky and like it all....then again I am 35 weeks pregnant.Happy Birthday to the most amazing man in the world! We love you and are the luckiest girls to have you in our lives!
5 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHARLIE from all of us! We tried to call you yesterday but nobody answered. We did leave message and hope you got it. Hope you had a great birthday!
Love you!
Seattle Morge Family
charlie,
happy belated birthday, i looked at my calendar this morning and realized what day it was...
hope you had a great one...enjoy this year, because the "30" wall hits pretty hard...at least it did for me (emotionally;)
we love you much!
and since we are late...tell marta to give you another cake from us today!!
I don't know what all the youngsters are talking about- 30 is great! The older you get, the better beer you brew!
I can not believe how much she has grown in the 1st pic..Happy B-day Charlie!!
Yeah, well, Grandpa has a bone to pick with Aniela.
When I asked her to save a piece of cake for her beloved grandfather, she told me on the phone, "No, we're going to eat it all!"
Ha!
Post a Comment