These last four days have been fun filled as we celebrated Anielas second birthday! I still can't believe 2 years ago we were just bringing her home from the hospital and now she is 2. It is one of the most amazing things seeing your child develop and grow. We are blessed to be able to experience that!
Just give me the cake...
So the festivities began in Edmonton. On Tuesday Chelsea, Dayven and Wyatt were kind enough to make a cake and have a little birthday celebration for Aniela. She was so thrilled when she saw Miss Chelsea baking the cake and it was all she could talk about the rest of the day. Of course when the moment came to sing her
"Happy Birthday" and give her cake she started crying. I think she was just confused because the cake was not cut up and in front of her....poor thing just wanted a piece already! After cake she opened her gifts of a "Dora" Tent, tee ball set, and sidewalk chalk! She especially loved the Dora tent. I love it because its collapsible and very portable...although if you ask Chelsea it took us 20 minutes to figure out how to fold it back up. I think I got the process down now!
The spoiling continued on Thursday, which was Anielas actual birthday! Since we had just gotten in town the night before it was a family affair with Aniela having one of her favorites, grilled cheese for dinner, cupcakes for dessert, and all the family gifts to open! She is one lucky little girl. Thank you everyone for making her day extra special!Now this is what I'm talking about...

I think I have a big enough bite..

Oh yeah...taste that chocolaty goodness...
Must get every crumb!

Yesterday we decided to have our neighbors Diana and Daryl over with there twin boys. Aniela absolutely loves Quinten and Thomas. There isn't a day that goes by without her asking where they are. We saved her birthday cake for the occasion and had a fun kids dinner with Anielas absolute favorite thing to eat....mac-n-cheese! It ended being a great night and the perfect way to end her birthday celebrations. Although now she thinks everyday is her birthday and that she can have cake anytime she wants! Let the tantrums begin!One can never have to much cake!
2 comments:
Aniela- Looks like you had fun! I think that you are such a big girl and I am glad you had such a happy birthday! Eat as much cake as they will let you! Love, Aunt Susanna
Let them eat cake!
Save some for Grandpa! I'll be up there soon!
Post a Comment