Monday, April 14, 2008

Goodbye Crib

Aniela slept in her big girl bed for the first time last night. After her nap Charlie went up to her room and took the crib out. We decided to put it in the spare room and close the door...out of sight out of mind! When she saw the crib was gone she just said..."Oh no crib gone". We explained that she was a big girl now and that she was going to sleep in a bed.

I think we need more stuffed animals!!
Right before bed we did the usual routine except both mommy and daddy were there to read her books and tuck her in for this special milestone! I know this sounds cheesy but I was holding back tears. When did my baby girl grow up so fast!


I was prepared for a sleepless night but was pleased to wake up fully rested. Aniela did wake up a few times only to fall right back asleep! Hopefully the same goes for tonight! Thank goodness that was an easy transition for her and us.

1 comment:

tod said...

I agree ... More stuffed animals. No such thing as too many stuffed animals.

Big girl in a big bed.

Wow!