Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Can you say...

Now 17 months old Aniela's little brain has been busy absorbing everything around her. Although she was not advanced on her physical development such as crawling and walking she sure makes up for it with speaking. For the longest time she has entertained Charlie and I with her own language. Most people would call it baby talk and though I do not disagree it really does sound like she is talking to you with all the fluctuations in her voice. Sometimes she goes on a whole minute just talking away like we know what she is saying. I'm a little partial but how cute!! She has always been good with animal sounds and lately her vocabulary has improved as well..now repeating actual words. I am amazed everyday at what she attempts to say.

Since I love to hear her little voice, the poor child can't get a break. I continually pester her throughout the day with "Can you say"... and surprisingly she always attempts to say the word. I finally got my camera out today and took a little video. It was right before bedtime so she is a bit tired but was up for mommies pestering of "can you say this and that". This is also my first attempt at attaching a video clip, next time I will keep the camera horizontal so you all don't get sore necks.


10 comments:

The Dynda's said...

Note to self...NEVER say cookie in front of Aniela. She is amazing. We are still trying to get Tomasz to this level. Everything she says, he says in sign language. Kid just likes to use his hands instead of his mouth I guess!

Marta said...

yeah..cookie and cake are rarely spoken in this house because of the reprocussions...a tantrum! but they are her favorite words...go figure! as the language develops her signing is more difficult to implement but she does still do it I just have to push her more! counting down the days till thanksgiving. I cant wait to see tomasz and her interact!

The Dynda's said...

I am officially obsessed, i think i have listened to this like 10 times. she is so cute.

Kevin and Elzbieta said...

As you know, I cannot hear her talking, but the way I see how she talks is so cute! :-D

Marta said...

if you notice ela she did say one sign in there. it was baby when she put her arms togethered and rocked back and forth! i think in the first video!

tod said...

I don't know. Personally, I think the words "Grandpa," "Maggie" and "Cookie" just go together naturally.

I miss hearing her say them!

And tell her I'm going to get her a Thanksgiving cake ... lots of frosting. Maybe shaped like a turkey or a gourd (but Granny will probably veto that).

Susanna said...

HA! Granny is treating us to an all vegetable thanksgiving- I think she's officially lacto-ovo now or at least cake-oh-nono! I can't to see/hear more Aniela!

tod said...

VERY FUNNY! I'm making sure that my grandchildren and Maggie have plenty of cookies at Thanksgiving! Maybe we can add some new words to her vocabulary....like PIE, or ICE CREAM! Ha!

Love, Granny :)

tod said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susanna said...

My favorite quote of this whole scene is "I want cookie cookie cookie. me me me!" I love it!!! I want a cookie too Aniela!