Sunday, June 17, 2007

What else could a guy want..

Charlie had a great father's day as proof of pictures below. Our neighbor next door came over and told him to get his boots on and come out for some four wheelin...anyone who knows Charlie can imagine the excitement in his eyes! He had been hounding me for a four wheeler since he found out everyone in Ft. McMurray has one. I didn't believe him at first...surely there has to be some people who don't have one. Well I was wrong....everyone has one!!

Two and a half hours later and covered with muskeg (nasty smelling pond scum stuff) Charlie came home and had the pleasure of cleaning off the four wheeler. The least he could do for our neighbors generosity. The arduous cleaning was all worth it and I'm sure I will be hearing about how we need to have a four wheeler for a long time!

After all the excitement we sat down and had an amazing dinner..Charlies favorite "surf and turf". It wasn't just any lobster either, but rather fresh, still moving lobster that we bought from local Newfoundlanders! I couldn't watch as he put them in but they sure were tasty with some melted butter..Yum Yum. To bad tomorrow is Monday and it's back to work. It almost seems like they should make fathers day (and mothers day) on Saturdays so we have Sundays to recover from all the festivities!


2 comments:

tod said...

I expect Lobster when we arrive! Were they still alive after a day in the fridge?

Marta said...

Yep they were still alive!! Next time we will just get tails. To much work with the whole lobster. I gotta tell you though the steak here is phenomenal!! We will definatley have steak!!!