May is birthday month around here. Aniela turns 7 on the 8th. Zoe turns 2 on the 11th. And we have several nieces who also celebrate their birthdays within days of ours. Naturally the festivities span several days!
To start off, a few weekends ago we had a planned lunch with Charlies side of the family. We ended up turning it into a little birthday celebration since Aunt Susanna's birthday was on April 24th, and Rebecca's birthday was on the 5th. I made some cupcakes, the kids exchanged gifts and we just had a nice afternoon catching up.
 |
| The birthday girls! |
 |
| Zoe blowing out her candle...she will have plenty of practice for her actual birthday |
 |
| Rebecca is the oldest cousin on both sides and turns 9 this year |
 |
| Aniela reading her card as cousin Patrick smiles for the camera |
 |
| Zoe got a baby doll. This girl loves her dolls. If this keeps up we'll be spending a fortune on one of those American girl dolls in the future! |
 |
| Such a little mommy already |
Then on May 3rd Aniela had 2 of her good friends, Kelsey and Brynn, over for a birthday sleepover. Charlie and I really feel like the kids don't need huge themed birthday parties every year. I don't know about you but these over-the-top birthday celebrations are exhausting. I just can't keep up, they seem to get bigger and bigger every year! So I'm taking a break and the sleepover was perfect. There was pizza for dinner, cupcakes for dessert, and later on in the night they had popcorn, candy and a movie. I don't know how smart the candy thing was, they ended up staying up till 11:30! You'd think they would have slept in too but nope they were up bright and early at 6am ready for donuts and more fun. The lack of sleep was worth it. The girls did awesome together and Aniela loved her first group sleepover.
 |
| Kelsey, Aniela and Brynn. Aren't they adorable! Their in swimsuits because they decided to throw a "sun" party since it was raining outside. Thank goodness Aniela had enough suits to go around...thanks cousin Rebecca for all the hand-me-downs |
 |
| Instead of goodie bags I got each girl a pair of flip-flops. Then as a craft they personalized them with pot-holder loops. They turned out cute. |
 |
| Homemade cupcakes (well the cake part is from a box but the frosting is at least homemade) |
 |
| Aniela and Brynn |
 |
| Aniela and Kelsey |
 |
| Getting ready for the movie |
 |
| Birthday Donuts |
 |
| The next morning we also got to babysit the neighbors new puppy, Nigel, for a few days. He was so cute and the kids loved him. |
Sadly we couldn't make it to Gabby's birthday party up in Chicago this past Sunday. She turned 5 and we can't wait to see her in the beginning of June to giver her a big squeeze. I may have to bake some cupcakes to make up for not being there. Did I mention I love making cupcakes! Their not fancy looking but I found a new butter cream frosting recipe and we love it. I'll take any excuse to whip up a batch!
Babcia and Dziadek also invited us for dinner on Sunday night and surprised Aniela with an ice-cream cake from DQ. They will be out of town on her birthday and so wanted to do something special to celebrate. She also got her first larger Lego friends building kit. Aniela has been so excited to receive more legos. She got a smaller kit for Christmas and absolutely loved it. So I told her that maybe around her birthday she could get a few more and she has. If she's not outside playing then we'll find her at the dining room table putting together her legos. She always has enjoyed puzzles.
Stay tuned for more birthday blogs as we celebrate Aniela's true birthday tomorrow and Zofia's on Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment