Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Run River City 25K...



Peoria had it's first marathon this past Sunday the 19th. I usually like to do one half marathon a year so I figured I would sign up for the 25K that was being offered, which was just a little over a half at 15.7 miles. My legs definitely felt every stride of those extra few miles! I have been training pretty hard and was anxious to get the race underway. It was a beautiful day but very hot and there was also the main street hill that I had to tackle. I prefer flat races so I knew this would be a challenge. Overall I was thrilled with my results. I paced at 8:31 and placed 10th out of 240 women in the 25K. And 49th out of all the runners in the 25K. It was a great feeling to see the results.
Getting Ready to Race
And we are off

Charlie went with me so he snapped a few photos during the race. Thanks to Granny and Grandpa who babysat so I could have my biggest fan come along!
The last stretch...I was able to manage a smile when I saw Charlie and my parents cheering me in!
Speaking of Running. Our little ones have been participating in their own race on Monday nights. The Illinois Valley Striders are hosting a kids fun run again this summer. Both Aniela and Charles participate in the 1/4 mile race. They think it's pretty cool being in a race like mom. Although I think the real reason they come is for the cookies and juice afterwards!


Each week they get a ribbon with their time so they can keep track of their progress
On top of all that running the kids have been biking like crazy. Charlie has been taking the kids on a bike ride after dinner a few nights a week. We bought Charles a bigger bike from the neighbors so it's easier for him to keep up. Poor guy had his legs going a mile a minute on his little bike. Zoe even comes along for the ride. She's got the best set up riding along in the chariot with her toys and snacks. I was able to finally join them this past Saturday night and we jumped on the Rock Island Trail and road all the way to Pioneer Parkway and back. A whopping 6 miles for Aniela and Charles. I was so proud of them for going so far on single gear bikes. We also now have a  Mcdonalds not too far from us so it'll be a treat to ride for ice cream after dinner during the summer!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Marta, awesome job! WOW....10th!

We are jealous of all the biking you guys are doing. Granny has to get in on some of these bike rides with Aniela and Charles!

Yeah! Nice weather is finally here!

Granny and Grandpa