The actual procedure was uneventful. First take a "happy pill", which made me feel really happy. Now that I think about it I should have asked the doc for a few extra, those things really work...ha! Then they marked 21 spots along my vein that were locally numbed up. Once all numbed the doc sliced open the marked spots and literally took a clamp and ripped them out..pretty barbaric but effective. During the whole procedure I laid there listening to Mumford and Sons (the doc has great taste in music if I say so myself) and had a conversation with everyone in the room. Oh the things I must have said while on my Valium high. There were only a few times I felt pain and the doc warned me that would happen due to some veins being more strongly attached. It was bearable though and I would do it again if I had too.
I was home within 30 minutes of having the procedure. Unfortunately it's a procedure that doesn't require any bed rest...dang it! I was really hoping to milk this thing for all it's worth. The discharge instructions actually said house work and shopping should be resumed immediately. Seriously...who puts that on discharge instructions. So in 2 weeks I should be back to normal...including running and all. I can't wait to see the results!
| All wrapped up...this thing only stays on for 2 days |
| Zoe kissing mommy's boo boo |
1 comment:
Glad that this is behind you! Wish we there to spoil you. Lots of love and kisses sent your way!
Granny and Grandpa
Post a Comment