Sunday, February 24, 2013

Celebrating My 33rd Birthday....

It's my birthday and I couldn't have asked for a better day...

It started out with my parents treating me to breakfast at the" Last Chance Bar and Grill". It is a dive bar right by our house that is known for their breakfast. I have never been and was excited to finally try the place out. It was fantastic. I love going out for breakfast and the kids thought it was so fun. We vowed after today we need to do it more often. Thanks Babcia and Dziadek for a great start to the day!

Now this is a pancake!

Then during the day we took it easy. So easy I actually took a nice long nap. I never get a chance to nap and needed it today since we went out with some friends last night. I love naps and would take one everyday if I could!

Later for dinner I really wanted fondue. I hadn't made it since Canada and it sounded good. So I whipped some up. When you pair all that cheesy goodness with a french baguette it's just pure gluttony! But of course we didn't stop there. It wouldn't be a birthday without cake. I actually made my own this year. I found a new recipe for whipped butter cream frosting  and we love it so much I just had to make my own cake. I actually enjoy baking and though I'm far from being an expert I got rave reviews from the fam. Charlie said I can officially bake his birthday cake for him which is huge because Charlie is serious about his birthday cakes.
You have no idea how bad I wanted to dig into this cake. I honestly have the biggest sweet tooth out of anybody I know. I would seriously skip dinner and just eat dessert!

After cake Charlie and the kiddos gave me the most precious gift ever, a homemade flower bouquet. Reading their homemade cards and letters brought tears to my eyes. I am a so blessed.
Isn't that flower bouquet the cutest thing ever. I bet the kiddos had so much fun making it with daddy!


Thanks to family and friends for the birthday wishes and cards. They made me feel so loved and my day truly special!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Happy Birthday Marta!

Can't wait to come home to eat the piece of birthday cake you saved for me.

You did save me a piece of cake, didn't you?

Oh well, like fine wine, you keep improving with age. Lots of love. Pam and Tod