| Zoe didn't know what the white stuff was |
| So I brought some inside. Zoe didn't even want to touch it |
| But Charles showed her what to do...eat it of course! Now she wants to constantly open up the patio door to get some more |
We braved the blizzard and attended Charles' preschool Christmas program yesterday night at Discoveries. He did so great at all the songs and made sure he was heard. We were so proud of him for being attentive and learning all the songs so well. Afterwards there were cookies and juice for all.
This past week the kids also put together their gingerbread house. Every year we buy one at the store and I loved the one we got this year. The house was completely pre-assembled. All that was left to do was the fun part...decorating it. There are just some things during the holidays that I need to press the easy button on and this was one of them.
Once I applied the icing I let the kids decorate to their hearts content. Charles and Aniela did a great job and Zoe of course ate all her candy instead of putting it on the house. I can't blame her...I would want to eat it too.
We also got a head start on our sugar cookies this week. I made the dough earlier in the week and yesterday we cut them out and baked them. Aniela was very hands on this year and while I was cleaning up the dishes she rolled out and pressed the cookies all on her own. We'll throw them in the freezer so when it gets closer to Christmas Day we can decorate them. We are ready and excited for the festivities to begin on Christmas eve.
2 comments:
Dear Watts Family.
Oh behalf of Grandpa "Cookie Montster" Watts, I would like to remind you of your patriarchal duty to set aside 25% of your cookies for your aging Grandpa.
It's the right thing to do ... especially the frosted cut-out cookies ... which are hard to come by this year at his house.
To NOT save 25 percent of the cookies for Grandpa would be NOT be respecting your elders (one elder in particular).
Jay Jansen
Attorney at Law
Hurrah for snow, Zofia! Wait until your first snowball comes your way.
Charles, great job on your first performance! You looked so handsome.
Aniela, you can come cut our sugar cookies anytime!
Love,
Granny and Grandpa
Post a Comment