Wednesday, October 31, 2012

This Is Halloween...

It was another successful Halloween. Last night we carved our pumpkins. Charlie is the master carver in this family. He let Aniela and Charles pick out their own templates and then he had the joy of intricately carving the images. It's more patience than I could ever muster up. I did suggest the polka- dot carvings for our little pumpkins. I told charlie I saw several floating around the Internet and wanted to try it. He was skeptical at how it would look but was impressed at the final product. It was so easy to do with his power tools that we may just have all polka dot pumpkins next year!

Gee...I wonder where Zofia gets her faces from!


Going in with the hands

Ummm...what is this stuff

Aniela content with the spoon technique

Zofia just loving being a part of it all



I love this pic...to Charlies defense I asked him to make a grossed out look face

The boys having fun

The girls having fun


So curious as to what is inside these things she's been seeing everywhere for the past month

Still hard at work

And it was all worth it

Tonight the kids were so pumped to go trick-or-treating. They really are at the age where they  understand and can hit a lot of houses.On the other hand Zofia was just confused at everything about the night. She literally had no clue what was going on. By the time all the neighborhood kids descended on our house to start trick or treating she was completely frightened. Poor thing didn't even make it past our yard. That was fine with me...I loved having her help pass out candy inside where it was nice and warm!





Aniela and Charles with the Unger's and Delaney


This explains it all...she was scared of all the kids running around and their costumes

The kiddos: Kelsey, Megan, Charles, Jack, Sean, Delaney, Katie, Aniela and Layla.
They had so much fun running from house to house together!

When the kids got home we combined the candy and sampled a few. Well maybe more than just a few. It is Halloween after all. It wouldn't be complete without a nice sugar rush to end the night! Charlie was in seventh heaven at the massive piles all over the floor. He converts into a little kid on Halloween, I think we all do. But to be able to experience the excitement all over again through our kids is the best!




1 comment:

Pam said...

Make sure you save some candy for Grandpa... Chocolate, bubble gum (real sugar, none of that sugar-free crap), and Dots ... Grandpa loves Dots