Monday, October 22, 2012

Weekend in Springfield...

Over the weekend we headed to Springfield, Il for the Red Ribbon run. It's a 5 mile course that I ran with my sisters last year and loved it so much I decided to return this year. My sisters couldn't run with me for very good reason, one just had a baby and the other has a bad knee. I definitely missed having them with me but had a great race and beat last years time by a few minutes. The official results aren't in yet but the clock said 39:44 when I crossed the finish. I gotta slow down because I'm only making it harder on myself for next year!


The rest of the weekend we enjoyed hanging out with my oldest sister, Danuta, and her family. After the race we ate lunch at Chipotle, which was free since I actually won one of the door prizes at the race. Then we headed to Scheels, an outdoor, hunting type store similar to Bass Pro. The kids attractions were awesome with a large salt water aquarium as well as an indoor Ferris Wheel. The kids did a great job but Charlie did say that Charles commented, "I don't know about this Daddy", when they were stuck at the very top. He was able to overcome any fear and had the proudest smile when he got off.
The salt water aquarium

With cousins Szymon and Tomasz

Indoor Ferris Wheel

Looks like they loved it
Had to take a few shots with the wildlife

Going Fishin'

No comments: