Sunday, August 26, 2012

Where In The World Is Charlie...

Fairbanks, Alaska...

Charlie is on his last rotation up in Alaska....yipee. These 2 week trips are starting to wear on us! This time around Charlie was invited by the customer to go fishing. He was excited about the opportunity to have a chartered fishing excursion. Not to mention the fact that it helped pass the time on the weekend. It's much better than being stuck in the hotel watching movies!

On Friday the guys drove down to Seward, Alaska. A small town south of Anchorage that is right on the ocean. It is the kind of  town where cruise ships stop by to show all the tourists the picturesque glacial mountains cascading into the ocean. Charlie said it was just beautiful and he of course fell in love with all the amazing sailboats in the bay. I got a call Friday night saying that we just have to retire there. I'll add it to the list of contenders!







The view from Charlie's hotel room
Charlie ended up getting about 60 pounds of halibut and he is shipping it back. I can't wait to have fresh fish from Alaska.  It'll be even nicer when I actually get my husband back to share it with!









3 comments:

Pam said...

Ah yum!

Fresh fish.

When's the fish fry?

I'll bring the appetite.

Pam said...

On second thought, I would be glad to teach you how to cook those halibut cheeks! That is what I am talking about!

The Keerys said...

oh I am so jealous of the fish!