Monday, November 14, 2011

Zofia is 6 months...



Zoe had her 6 month check up last Thursday. She weighed in at 19 lb 2 oz! Thank goodness because a few more pounds and I would have had to transfer her out of her infant carrier. I'm not ready to do that yet as she often falls asleep in it when we are out and about. Although it is getting pretty heavy to lug her around in that thing.

Since last month Zoe's biggest milestone are her bottom teeth. I laughed at myself when I got excited that they were coming in. You would think with baby #3 it wouldn't be such a big deal, but it is. My face lit up when I saw those 2 adorable teeth popping through. The feedings are continuing to go well. Zoe is finally over her "fear" of the high chair and sits in it happily, whether it's to eat or just play.


Aniela and Charles love to hold Zofia too. Now that she is a little older I feel more comfortable with letting them hold her without my assistance. Aniela especially is such a huge helper and can entertain and hold her for a little longer. And any mom out there knows that even 5 minutes of having use of both hands is priceless! The funnest thing to watch is her personality emerging. She is such a shy little baby as she buries her face in my shoulder if someone says hi to her. But not before giving them a big grin, she is such a smiley little thing. She also knows her family and is in full mommy mode right now. I do tend to spoil her with holding her often since she is not mobile yet but very alert. She definitely knows what is going on around her and just doesn't want to miss out on anything.

In other news, Grandpa broke his back on Halloween. He slipped and fell outside and is at home now trying to mend it with rest. If that doesn't pan out he may need surgery. We pray for Grandpa every night that he gets better soon! When we come over to visit he says holding Zoe in his hospital bed brings back many memories of when Charlie was a baby. Back in the day Grandpa was in a hospital bed as well, in the same room of their home but it was baby Charlie that he held...talk about deja vu!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Hurrah for Zoe!!! She is awesome! Grandpa adores having her help him with the remote.

Granny and Grandpa