Thursday, November 3, 2011

Charles Starts Pre-school


Charles started pre-school today! He is attending Purple Panda pre-school in the town of Dunlap. They take kids anytime in the month that they turn 3. It's only on Thursday and Friday mornings, and we contemplated waiting till next year to start, but we knew he was ready. Especially since his big sister goes to school and it's all he has been talking about over the past few months.

On the drive over he was so excited and made up a song. "Going to Purple Panda. I'm going to Purple Panda School". Repeat that over and over in a sing- song way and you get a Charles Watts original. It was pretty cute but I am glad that it was only an 8 minute car ride! When we arrived he jumped right in and after about 5 minutes of me hanging around and chatting with some of the other moms he looked at me and said, "mommy leave, go home", all while pushing my butt towards the door. Now if it was my first, I may have been a little distraught that he wasn't just a tad more attached, but I was actually so proud of my little guy's confidence and independence on his first day.

Charles wanted to hang up his first official school work
Then he proceeded to try and hang up his bucket ,which is what they use instead of book bags. He got to decorate it himself and thought it was worthy of showing off as well. Poor guy was so upset when I told him that it was too heavy.

Last week Charles also had his last speech therapy session with Mrs. McAsey. She has been coming to our home once a week since January and we sure will miss her. But now that Charles is turning three he will be receiving therapy through the school system. He has made so much progress but still needs that extra help. I sure will miss the convenience of home therapy and I'm sure Charles will miss the 45 minutes of undivided attention and fun games Mrs. McAsey would always bring.

Mrs. McAsey with Charles on their last day

No comments: