All my hard work in training for my half-marathon finally paid off. This weekend I went on a trip to Kelowna, British Columbia for the Okanagon Marathon. I was accompanied by my friend and running partner Diana and her good friend Margo. I left the kids and husband behind for the first time since Aniela was born. It was a much needed getaway trip but I must say I missed the kiddos a lot...and my husband too of course. It was also a little hard to leave since I am still nursing Charles but I knew they were in the best hands with daddy.
We arrived earlier on Saturday, the day before the marathon, so we could have ample time to pick up our race packets, stroll around the quaint downtown area, and enjoy a nice pasta dinner before the run. Our hotel, The Delta Grand, was situated right on the gorgeous Okanagan Lake. We even had a lake view room...it was stunning!
The Delta Grand
Aside from the unseasonably cold weather, -10 C (14F) the morning of the race, I had an amazing run. I have done several races before and even a half-marathon in Arizona but my running has always been just to finish because that in itself is such an accomplishment. However this race was a little different. I really wanted to train hard, push myself to the limit, and finish in 2 hours. I have never been a fast runner so this was a challenge for me. It all came together in the end though and I finished in 1:51! Such a great feeling and now I can't wait for my next race. I'm officially a running addict!
Is the pie ready yet?
This weekend was also a holiday weekend up here in Canada as today is Thanksgiving. After returning late on Sunday night from Kelowna I quickly whipped together a little Turkey dinner. It was just what I needed after pushing my body to it's limit. I love the holidays! Oh and have I mentioned that we officially got our first snow.It started coming down last wednesday...pretty early this year. The leaves didn't even get a chance to fall off the trees before the freeze came. It was just a dusting but looks like it's going to be a long winter! Hopefully it warms up a little for the kids on Halloween.
Hello Winter!!
2 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving ... it's beginning to look alot like Christmas!
Congrats on reaching your goal! All that hard work paid off. You deserve that turkey and some red wine and chocolate too!
Post a Comment