We are heading to Calgary tomorrow to get Charles' official U.S. paperwork! As of right now he is purely a Canadian and couldn't get into the U.S. if we wanted him to. I have been getting all the documents ready and it is fun I tell ya. Between the birth abroad, passport, and social security forms I am up elbow deep in paper. Of course Calgary is the closest U.S. Consulate so I am double and triple checking everything to make sure we don't forget anything. It's not all business though, from Calgary we are renting a car and heading down to southern Alberta to visit our friends Detlev and Jenn. They live very close to Fernie, a little ski town nestled in the mountains. Charlie has been there a few times and has wanted to take me so this Calgary trip provides the best opportunity! It'll be fun to visit with friends and Aniela will have a blast playing with their two little girls and hitting the slopes with Daddy. We return on Sunday so I'll be back on then. In the meantime here are a few recent pics...
My smiley baby boy...
My serious little girl...
Hmmm...I wonder where Aniela gets her love of picture taking from. Notice the beard. Charlie is pretty hardcore on growing one. It's getting there...and I must say I like it.
6 comments:
Well, you know I love to have my picture taken, so I don't know where Charlie and Aniela get that from. Ha!
Have a safe trip ... and bring back an American, ok ... so he can fly back to the USA and see his grandparents (both sets)(but me, mostly).
the few bald spots charlie is missing you can pencil in with eyeliner;)
Cute pics of the kids...and Charlie :o) Dayven loves his beard and says it keeps him so much warmer.
Love the new blog look. So fun!
What a cute kids in these pictures! Charlie looks cute with beard. Wonder if he will keep beard growing long and become a santa claus for this year 2009? :-D
Have a safe trip!
Beard comments unless positive will be stricken from the comment section.
Marta
AKA Charlie
Post a Comment