Sunday, January 11, 2009

Taking it easy in 2009...

Daryl and Charlie being patient with my photo taking...
Things have been pretty low key in the New Year. Nothing new going on, hence the lack of blog posts. The temps continue to stay very cold but, for sanity sake, that doesn't keep us from enjoying the outdoors. Yesterday Charlie went snowshoeing with our neighbor Daryl. They were out for over an hour trekking through the forest and came back sweaty and frozen over. Then today I officially started running again with my running partner Diana! I hope to be back in the races this summer.



After our morning run...yes it's still dark at 9 am!!


As for the kiddos, Charles turns 2 months tomorrow...when did that happen?!?  I'm finding with the second child I am less anxious about every little thing and enjoy taking in every moment.
 Sometimes I find myself just starring at him in disbelief that he is actually here and already such a big boy. Likewise each time I look at Aniela I find myself doing a double take at the fact that she is not a baby anymore. It feels like just yesterday that she was the same size as Charles! But watching them grow and become their own person is amazing. Whats even more amazing is watching the two of them interact. Aniela will go over to Charles whenever he cries and gives him his pacifier or tries to soothe him. Then there are the times where he will just stare at her and smile. To this Aniela usually responds, "He thinks I'm cool mom!"  This morning she said, "Mom, I really like baby brother. I think we should keep him" I wish I caught that on video for future reference when their fighting and at each others throats! 

In the mornings Aniela loves to get in the crib and play with Charles 

5 comments:

tod said...

Cold, Cold, Cool and Cute ... pretty much in that order.

I miss my babies!

tod said...

And I thought my oldest baby boy was going to shave before he went back to work.

If he would smoke a cigar, he would look like Lassie taking a Sh**!

Marta said...

Nope still going strong on the beard thing...who knew he could grow so much facial hair ;-)

The Dynda's said...

digging grizzly watts!

Chelsea said...

Love the cute shot of the kids in the crib together.

Wow! Frost on your eyelashes? You are a diehard. Good for you!

Charlie looks about as excited as Dayven to have his picture taken. What is it with these boys and their beards?