Monday, February 2, 2009

We have an American, almost...

Were back from our trip and Charles is one step closer to having his American documents. We are hoping that his passport gets processed quickly so we can start planning our trip back to Peoria in May! 

The trip overall went really well. Although I have to admit I was thankful to have Charlie with me because juggling 2 kids, 2 large suitcases, a ski bag, 3 carry-ons and car seats is not an easy task. The kids did very well on the short 1 hour flight to Calgary and were very well behaved on the 2 hour car ride to Coleman. In Coleman we had a blast with our friends Jenn,  Detlev and their 2 little girls, Claudia and Colette. Aniela and Claudia became the best of friends and had no problems filling the day with non-stop action. Aniela especially loved the rock climbing wall they had in the basement. By the end of the weekend she became pretty good at it as Claudia showed her the ropes! 

On Friday Charlie and Detlev took the older girls skiing in Fernie where Aniela loved hitting the slopes on her first true mountain. Then Saturday they drove down to Waterton National Park for a nice hike. If that wasn't exhausting enough, when they got home they went on another hike to a local waterfall just behind the house. Needless to say they were beyond tired that night! 

While the men looked after the older girls, Jenn and I enjoyed spending time with the babies and driving around Coleman and the surrounding towns. Friday night Jenn and I even got a chance to get out and meet up with some of her girlfriends for a girls night out. It was so nice to sit down, have a beer and enjoy some great conversation. We can't wait to visit again. Thanks Detlev and Jenn, we had a blast!


3 comments:

tod said...

Looks like y'all had a good trip. I say y'all cause I'm still down in Louisiana. Head for home tomorrow.

It was 70 here today ... supposed to be high of 22 tomorrow.

I love Aniela on the rock wall video. Priceless to watch both of them climb.

Chelsea said...

Looks like you had a great time! Darling pics of the kids together.

I didn't realize you bought the ski attachments for the Charriot. The perfect ride!

The Dynda's said...

i want a climbing wall in my house!!!

don't you wish you got a double person chariot in times like this.