Monday, September 15, 2008

Over the weekend...


My brother-in-law Kevin made it in safely Friday afternoon. Everyone was happy to see him, especially Aniela who remembered how fun Uncle Kevin was in Seattle! On Friday Charlie took Kevin golfing. Fort McMurray actually has a really nice course. It's set in a valley surrounded by the Boreal Forest. Unfortunately they didn't see any bears while on the course, a common occurrence this time of year.


Then on Saturday Charlie took Ela and Kevin out to the oil sands so they could see what Fort McMurray was all about. I stayed home with the girls and enjoyed spoiling my niece while Aniela napped. With the kids staying home Charlie could take Kevin and Ela a little closer to some of the machinery.





The weekend flew by so quickly! The gang left on Sunday afternoon but we were still able to fit in a walk on the trails behind the house. Aniela was kind enough to share the Chariot stroller with her cousin Gabby while she rode in her wagon. The fresh air was nice! I'm really going to miss my sister and know how much Gabby will have changed the next time I see her. Again thank goodness for blogs!



Oh and I can't forget to mention Charlie's new pride and joy (don't worry he didn't buy a new toy!)...his beer! It turned out great and he was able to share it with everyone! I even took a sip and I must admit it's really good. Charlie thought it was so good he should brew beer full time and sell the stuff....I told him to keep his day job!

3 comments:

tod said...

Make sure he saves some beer for me!

Let's see.

Beer from Charlie

Cookies from Aniela

Orange slices from Marta

???? from Baby Charlie

Yup, gonna be a good Christmas

tod said...

Pam say the hell with beer, she wants more jewelry

Our Family said...

Marta you look great!! Hope all is well in CAN