Sunday, September 9, 2007

Shopping, Playtime, Kayaks...oh and a 10K!


Mommy and Me shopping Spree!!

We just got in last night and the title pretty much sums up our trip to Edmonton. Before we left for our little excursion I had made a list of things I wanted to look for and possibly buy. I did get some of my items checked of the list but after day 2 of shopping I was exhausted. You almost have to train for shopping. I don't know how some people do it? Probably doesn't help that I have a 16 month old with me. Don't get me wrong Aniela is a good shopper but it's double the effort with everything you have to lug around. I also felt so overwhelmed at where to even start. It's amazing how when you live in a really small town you forget what it's like to have the luxury of having everything known to man available!
I found a store that is equivalent to the TJ Maxx Home Goods store we had in Phoenix. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I love discount name brand stores! Although some items you just have to shell out that full price for. Like Aniela's Columbia snow suit that we purchased at an outdoor store. I will refrain from the price..although it was under 100 dollars and well worth it to keep our little munchkins fingers and toes from freezing.


However the most exciting purchase of the weekend was Charlie's new Kayak! I must say it's pretty neat and of course Charlie just had to have a way to get to some more remote places to fish. Plus it was on an end of season clearance, who can pass that up! They even threw in for free the paddles, life jacket, special knife that goes in the jacket (you know Charlie had to get that feature), and all the straps to tie it down to our car. I have a feeling today he will get it in the water. I'll be sure to tag along and get some pics.

This weekend we also had a blast with Dorothy, Nate and their little boy Joshua. While Charlie and Nate had their business meetings us girls went shopping. It's always better to shop with another person. Plus Aniela and Josh loved eachothers company. They really got along since their only a few months apart and of course it's always fun playing with different toys, and Josh had the motherload of toys! Best of all were the dogs. Aniela loves doggies and couldn't get enough of Guinness and Murphy.

Josh taking Aniela for a spin on his hot wheels!

Joys of eating out with little ones...order fast, eat even faster, leave big tip for even bigger mess!!


First bathtub with a boy..dad wasn't so sure about this one!!





Finally, on top of all that excitement, today I ran my first Fort McMurray 10K race. Suzy, who is 2 months pregnant, ran it with me!! Crazy if you ask me..that's going to be one strong baby. We did great though and it felt amazing running a race again. Our goal was to finish it under 60 minutes and we just made it at a time of 58:59.Not to shabby if I say so myself! The trail was a little challenging since it was more hilly than the flat roads I'm used to in Az but it was beautiful and I had the motivation of seeing Charlie and Aniela at the end cheering me on. Theres another 10K next weekend that I figure I might as well do since I'm already trained for it...I'll see how the week goes though. Oh and Jen if you read this I wore my hat in memory of all our awesome runs we did together..wish you were there!

The finish line

Aniela enjoys a cookie after the race




And the winner of the cutest little girl is...Aniela!

2 comments:

tod said...

Wow! Aniela won a gold metal! Hey, some of the pix didn't download. The first 3 or 4 through Charlie's new boat.

tod said...

whoops. I lied. Just reload the page and the pix were all there. Sorry about that.