Monday, September 24, 2007

Brrrrr...

Ok it's not that cold yet but I can already feel the chill in my bones which means I'm screwed when winter comes! This morning, as we sent Charlie off to good old Decatur for the week, there was a thick frost on the grass and already the nights are dipping down to minus 4 clesius (24 F). The locals say fall only lasts about a month out here and considering the trees started turning a few weeks ago I have a feeling they will be bare the next time I blink.


We are enjoying the change of seasons and the fall leaves are so beautiful. Yesterday we took advantage of the sunny day and went "off roading" in daddy's jeep. He showed us the spot where he last went fishing on his kayak. The river level is low around this time of year so in some spots you can literally drive right out on the river bed. Aniela was in rock heaven and loved watching Charlie plop big boulders into the water. The next time we come out I have a feeling the river will be frozen over!

3 comments:

The Dynda's said...

Holy Crap, are you going to be freezing your proverbial gluteus maximus off. I got chills looking at those pictures as well. Enjoy!

Marta said...

Yeah...I have a feeling we will be freezing all of the gluteal muscles off!

Susanna said...

There is definitely frost on your pumpkin! Keep your tootsies warm!