Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Last Race!!!

This past Saturday my friend Jen and I did our first Sprint Triathalon: "Tri for the Cure" benefiting the Susan G. Koman Breast Cancer Foundation. It was our final race together before the move and what a great way to celebrate all that we have accomplished.

At the start of the race we kept saying how crazy we were to do this. As we watched the competitve group get into the lake and warm up I started to get butterflies in my stomach. Were we actually going to be able to swim and how cold was the water? Well the water was cold but hand in hand we jumped in and did it. Next was the 12 mile bike and that was a refreshing break, and then the 5 K run which was done in excrutiating 95 degree weather.... I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Thanks Jen for keeping me motivated, for being a chatterbox just like me so that we could actually get through those long runs together, and most of all for our friendship that has grown through all the training and races we have done together.



No comments: