Thursday, August 8, 2013

My Second St. Jude Run...

My favorite fans!
On Saturday August 3rd I had the honor of running for The St. Jude Children's hospital. Being that it was my second year I was able to enjoy every moment that much more since I knew what to expect. I ran with the Dunlap team again this year which consisted of 30 miles throughout the town of Dunlap, Peoria, and ending downtown where we met and cheered on the other teams coming in from various cities.  I met my goal of running the full 30 miles, and although it hurt, I always kept in mind that the children have so much more to go through.  When you have that in mind it makes it easy to keep on going! At the end of the day when all the teams run in together, and the whole community is out there cheering, it's a feeling you can't describe. It's wonderful seeing the things that can be accomplished when we come together as a community.
Running into the Civic Center
My friend Karen who introduced me to St. Jude
I also am thankful by the amount of support from family and friends. After all it's not about the actual run but the money raised to help the families of St. Jude.  I can't imagine the financial burden these families face during such a difficult time and to have St. Jude hospital take away some of that burden is truly a blessing. So thank you everyone for your donations, thoughts and prayers during this time of year when we set out to help the children, you make it possible!

No comments: