Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Official Start to the Swim Season...

Both Charles and Aniela had their first swim lessons today at the Ivy Club. It's the first time they have joined the team. I was a little nervous because neither had been in a pool since last summer and this is the first time they are on an actual team. I was also concerned about the temperatures. It's only in the lower 70's right now. Luckily the pool was heated and the sun was shinning today!

Charles did well considering his age and the fact that he really just started to get the hang of swimming towards the end of summer last year. I think in a few more weeks he will be really moving along. Especially since we have practice for one hour Monday-Friday and swim meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'm not so sure about the hard core schedule but they assured me it was no big deal if we skipped lessons or missed some meets.

Aniela did awesome. She picked up her strokes as if she had never had a break. Don't get me wrong she has a lot to practice on, but I was so proud that she could swim a full length of the pool without stopping. I also love seeing how much she enjoys the pool. We have done a few other extracurricular activities over the years and she does well but there is something about swimming that just puts a smile on her face and as a parent it's neat to see.

Then there is Zoe. She gets to lounge in the baby pool area with me. She was thrilled to get in and play with all the toys they have there. I on the other hand didn't even put my swim suit on. It's gotta at least be 80 degrees before I get into that pool. I like my water really warm!




1 comment:

Pam said...

Pretty cute! Reminds us of this song: "Down in the meadow in a little bitty pool, swam three little fishies and a momma fishie too. Swim said the momma fishie, swim if you can, and they swam, swam, and swam all over the damn." We love our little fishies!

Granny and Grandpa