Happy St. Patrick's Day! Growing up I didn't celebrate St. Patrick's day as most American families do. Aside from what was done in the Catholic School commemorating the actual Saint it was just another day in my household. Somehow I survived my childhood without green milk, eggs or ham!
However, Aniela is at the age where she hears and brings home ideas from classmates. So when she came home after school last week and said she wanted to build a leprechaun trap I knew I needed to do some research.
I must say it has been fun. Aniela and Charles worked on their traps all week. They put them out last night and were sure they would catch a leprechaun. I told them they were pretty mischievous and hard to catch.
| Anielas Trap |
| Charles Trap |
It didn't stop there as the trail led to the powder room where the kids found green pee in the toilet and a note written out to them. The leprechaun left quite the mess for me to clean up too since he decided to string toilet paper everywhere.
Once the kids had some MnM's in their belly I figured I would sugar them up some more so we had donuts for breakfast. I had a little fun decorating them for the kids since the store didn't have any green sprinkled donuts. Then I got out some green napkins and cups to complete our St. Patty's day celebration. Now it's off to Church with kids on a sugar-high! Wonder if Charlie is celebrating in Spain?
2 comments:
Donuts, yum. Only had maybe one donut in the the past three months ... and that one wasn't that good.
Had you-know-who watching over my diet like a hawk. (Of course, that's why I lost 18 pounds)>
Not many chances to sneak out and get a donut.
But now that I am home .....
Fun! What a creative way to celebrate! I love the tiny details on her trap. but does it say Anastasia Grey?? how funny!
Post a Comment