Monday, March 4, 2013

European Mount...

Last fall Charlie shot an 8 point buck and we finally got the trophy back. Since we already have 2 full head trophies in the house I told Charlie I had reached my limit but agreed to a European mount. A man in Kickapoo does these type of mounts as a hobby and did a fantastic job. It's beautiful and he even did a special distressed black wood plate for me. It was his first time deviating from the traditional oak finish, and though he was skeptical when I explained what I wanted, he admitted to really liking the finished product. If I'm going to have dead things hanging on the wall they might as well be a little more decorative and these type of mounts are all the rage in home decor these days!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Wonder if deer "cheeks" are as good as halibut cheeks?