Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines 2012

We celebrated Valentines day last night since Charlie had to leave this morning on a business trip. We don't go crazy on Valentines Day. Charlie and I are not big on going overboard during special occasions. We don't even get each other gifts. We figure we treat ourselves throughout the year with the things we need, and we really are blessed to be able to do that, so when birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays come up we just write a letter to each other. It works for us. But we don't ignore these special days either so last night we cooked a nice dinner, the kids and I made sugar cookies and frosted them pink, and we opened up cards. It was simple, it was perfect, and the sugar cookies must have gotten to us because it was also a little bit silly!

As I mentioned above Charlie is traveling this week

So where in the world is Charlie right now?.......

Round Mountain, Nevada




It's another goldmine...
Hmmm...I wonder if you could see this hole from space?

It's not as exciting as Siberia but I prefer that since he is only gone 4 days and is in the same country! So these mines that Charlie goes to are all owned/or partially owned by Kinross (a huge gold-mine company). Kinross is a customer of Caterpillar since they use CAT equipment at the mines. And Charlie covers Kinross, so hence, his travels are dictated by where Kinross has mines. Are you as confused as I am. Read it a few times and it kinda starts to make sense!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Any chance of sening one...two...or three of those
cuties to Florida?????