

I had an amazing Birthday! Thursday night we had a family dinner with my parents. I wanted to try out a recipe I saw on
Pinterest, Chicken Artichoke Pasta Bake. It was delicious.
Although after 2 bottles of wine anything would taste good! Then Charlie got a chocolate cake for me. We recently got the hook up to a baker that works for
Trefzger's Bakery in Peoria. She does cakes on the side so,
Thursday after work, Charlie met her in a random parking lot for the exchange. He said when he got home that it felt like he was doing something illegal. We got a good laugh out of the
scenario and agreed that we were from now on going to get all our cakes from her...this woman knows how to bake. After dinner I opened all my wonderful gifts. Some of which included a new red purse from my parents, I had ruined my other one about a year ago. And oh how I love red purses! Then Granny and Grandpa got me more redwillow dish-ware. My favorite of which is the new tea pot. We have brewed lots of tea in that pot these last few days. Plus it looks so pretty on the kitchen counter. Then of course the kids made me the best cards a mama could ever have and Charlie wrote me a letter that made me cry, they always do. For those of you who don't know, and he will probably kill me for saying this, but he is actually really good with words and such a romantic at heart!




So then on my actual birthday I got to wake up and have left over birthday cake for breakfast with a tall glass of milk...now that's how one starts off their birthday. The best was saved for last as Charlie and I finally enjoyed a date night (hence why we had cake and a family dinner the night before). It had been since last fall that we had been out to dinner alone. So while the kids had fun with Babcia and Dziadek, Charlie and I enjoyed a quiet, uninterrupted meal of sushi!

Thanks to everyone for all the birthday wishes and gifts. I am so blessed and truly spoiled!
No comments:
Post a Comment