Our landscaping is slowly getting in. It was quite the undertaking doing all our retaining walls and now that they are done the shrubs are getting put in. Though with Charlie traveling a lot lately it has been hard to get it done, so we are just taking it one step at a time. We finished the front first, figuring that was the most important. It's amazing what some pretty shrubs and flowers will do for curb appeal. I am slowly making my way around the house and getting in the rest of the landscaping when I have a chance. Thankfully the Grandparents are able to take Charles and Aniela from time to time so I can work on it. I also want to paint the front door but that will just have to wait till the fall!
There is also our garden which I can't take any credit for. Charlie planted it a little over a month ago, not knowing how it would do, and it has turned out amazing. He really has put some time and effort into caring for it and we have already enjoyed endless fresh spinach and lettuce. The rest we will have to be a little more patient for.
Then in between landscaping, gardening, traveling and just everyday happenings, Charlie is busy rebuilding an old trailer that someone didn't want anymore. We have been in need of a trailer to haul our four wheeler and tractor out to the land. But they are a pretty penny and we just couldn't bite the bullet to purchase one. So when a family friend offered an old run down trailer for free Charlie couldn't pass it up. He figured a new set of tires, some spray paint, and some wood for the deck would do the trick. There are just a few things left to do but it looks as good as new...and for a much better price!
The best part of the weekend though was visiting great grandma. She hadn't met Zofia yet so we just had to make a visit to her. We took her out to our usual place, Monicals pizza, and then enjoyed spending some time at her house. She couldn't get over how big Zoe was already and what a good baby she was. I loved getting some amazing pictures of the kids with grandma. Phew...I think that about sums things up. I'm tired just typing about everything we did!
2 comments:
Wow, I'm jealous of that garden! Mine is about 1/5 that size. Wish I had space like that. Fresh spinach and lettuce all the time? YUM! Great pics of G Grandma with the kids. Zoe is getting big! How quickly it goes!
Hey, don't forget Granny likes that fresh lettuce if you have any extra. I on the other hand prefer fresh hamburger
Post a Comment