To all my blog readers out there I promise I have not abandoned the blogging world. This move has just been crazy busy. We are slowly getting settled in, and may I stress the SLOWLY part! It's not like I have an excuse, especially with both sets of grandparents in town waiting at the edge of their chairs for an opportunity to take Aniela and Charles. I think it was a combination of how fast the move took place and our amazing trip to Ireland right after we got here that took all the energy out of me. Combine that with the everyday things that must go on, two kids that just want to play, and all the crap that we have accumulated since our move out of Arizona and I give up! Oh and on top of all that we had a garage sale this past weekend to try and sell some of our stuff. It was pretty successful but everyone knows all the work that one puts into getting a garage sale together. It was worth it though and I was able to get rid of some things that have been sitting unused for years.
So here is a short and sweet recap since my last post. On Sept 14th Charlie and I left the kids in the care of family (definite plus of being back in Peoria) and went to Ireland for our friend Andy's wedding. I was so excited to go to a wedding, it had been awhile since I had been to one and this one was an extra bonus given that it was a destination! We spent the beginning part of the week in Dublin and then drove up to the Bellinter House for the actual wedding ceremony. Bellinter was only a 45 minute drive north of the city and was the perfect Irish countryside setting.
After the wedding we had a day to do some site seeing around Bellinter and enjoyed touring Trim Castle, where part of Braveheart was filmed as well as Knowth, one of the oldest known megalithic monuments. I did not have time to make a video but below are some of the highlights of the trip. Congratulations again to Andy and Nichole on their marriage!
The Bed And Breakfast we stayed at in Dublin
Andy, Charlie and I
Visiting the Guinness Brewery
Charlie has a certificate proving he knows how to pour the perfect pint
The Bellinter House in Meath County, Ireland

The Groomsman
Setting of the ceremony....breathtaking!
Nichole, Andy, Charlie and I at the reception
The old married couple
Trim Castle
Charlie making me do a silly archery pose!
So I made him do this...
Knowth Megalithic Monument
The carvings on the stones...there were more than 50 of these around the monument
They were all based on astrology
The passage to the center of the monument which was in whole a tomb
When we returned it was back to the grind of trying to get the house in order. This time around though I just don't have the motivation. I think it's the distraction of all our friends and family in town. Who wants to be unpacking things when we can go play! In the case of our last two moves we never knew anyone in town so it was easy to just get the house in order before worrying about social networking.
The house is getting there though and once things are unpacked and organized I can't wait to decorate. Although I may need help from all of you in that department. I am not good at putting things together, so in the future I just may post some pics of a few rooms and get any ideas you want to throw my way on color schemes and decorating advice!
Taking a break from unpacking...good thing the icecream man comes
through our neighborhood!!
I promise I won't be a stranger and will post again soon...
2 comments:
Hey, it's so great to hear a little update. I think of you guys often and wonder how you're doing. We miss you!
Ireland looks amazing. Awesome pics. What a fun trip and a gorgeous spot for their wedding!
Don't worry about the boxes. They'll be waiting patiently for you. :o) Makes you realize what a good idea it is to pare down, right?? I know it's on my "to do" list! Good for you on the garage sale. It is SO MUCH work! How do we get so much stuff!? ha!
Boxes or not, we're NOT going to apologize for loving it that you're back in Peoria!!!!
Pam and Tod
Post a Comment