There is something about being out in the woods that brings back childhood memories. I was fortunate to grow up in a neighborhood that was heavily wooded and I spent every spare moment exploring those woods. I have so many fond memories playing in the creek looking for little fish, frogs, bugs, and rocks. The neighborhood kids and I would spend hours making a dam or trying to build a fort. I even remember dressing up in camo gear and going on "special missions", my imagination was the limit when I was outside. Having so many fond memories of our own childhoods Charlie and I try to give Aniela and Charles as much of the same experience.
So last weekend we went out as a family to our land. Charlie had some maintenance to do to get ready for hunting season. So while he was out clearing some trails the kids and I spent hours playing in the creek. I don't know who had more fun me or the kids. Aniela had fun filling her bucket with sticks, rocks, pretty colored leaves, and various nuts. While Charles had fun splashing in the water and muck. We even caught a frog while Charlie was clearing some tall grass which the kids thought was pretty cool. Then we all took a
We've also been getting ready for Halloween lately. Buying pumpkins, putting up some fall decor and getting our Halloween costumes. Aniela picked hers out at Wally world the other day. Out of all the adorable "girly" costumes, she was set on being spider girl. Then she said she wanted Charles to match so she picked out spider man for him. I have some of the cutest super heros running around the house! The kids even tried them out at a trunk-or-treat event at Anielas school. My nephew, Toamsz, was able to join us as well since he was in town that day. He fit right in to our super hero theme and dressed up as wolverine! We had a house full of sugar-hyped super heroes
2 comments:
Wow! What great pictures. Thanks so much for sharing. Al laughed till he had tears in his eyes at the video of Charles singing Baa Baa Black Sheep. Hugs Jackie and Al
Wow ... makes us want to head out to the land today. You need to name the land something other than the "land."
Marta needs her own 4 wheeler ... the kids and grandparents need a Deere gator.
Grannie loves the costumes
Post a Comment