Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Our Land

For years Charlie and I have been keeping our eye on recreational land in Illinois. So when we saw 40 acres in Knox county that was wooded and only 30 minutes from Peoria we had to look into it. Being that we live in Canada we sent the dad's out to take a look for us. With the help of pictures and lengthy discussions we decided to put in an offer and I am excited to anounce we are now land owners! It was pretty scary throwing down a good chunk of cash without seeing the land first but we just couldn't pass up the opportunity, especially in this market. Thanks Grandpas for all your help. We look forward to toasting around a campfire on our new property when we come and visit.

Yellow boundary denotes our land

4 comments:

tod said...

I've got my trailer spot all picked out. When do you close on the property?

I've never seen such strong deer runs and antler scrapes.

Land is supposed to be in the family for years ... so future generations will be hunting deer (and hopefully filling great, great, great grandpa's freezer for him)

The Keerys said...

That is awesome. I know the feeling of not being able to see the land before you buy it, we didn't actually see ours till the signing. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME! So excited for you guys!! I'm daydreaming of all the camping and smores you guys will be doing/making with the kiddos AND your grandkiddos!! Fun fun fun!

Kevin and Elzbieta said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Are you planning to build a new house or cabin on that land?