Sunday, December 21, 2008

Let the Christmas festivities begin...

Granny and Grandpa finally arrived today. They had such a long trip with several delays ultimately causing them to miss their connecting flight into Fort Mac! Of course there were no more flights going out yesterday and so they decided to spend the night at the airport..I can't imagine! Nonetheless they made it. Thankfully the grandchildren acted as buffers to ease the stress of such a long trip. I think tonight they will need a few drinks...I know I would!

Well at least Granny and Grandpa can also now say they have experienced a Fort McMurray winter!  I am sure after their visit is over it will be the last winter they will want to experience. Our highs are now at -26F and lows at -40F!! That coupled with their flight experience and I don't think they will be stepping into an airport ever again! Hopefully we see some Northern Lights. It is something Granny really really wants to see..."Dear God please give Granny and Grandpa at least that after such a horrible flight up to see us!"

Charlie is also taking a nice Christmas holiday so we can't wait to enjoy these next few weeks with family, friends, skiing (with and without the kids!),  hopefully a date night,  oh yeah I can't forget to mention a  dog too. No we didn't get a puppy but have the next best thing..Finley! We are dog sitting for our friends Chelsea, Dayven and Wyatt and are enjoying having him around! Charlie and I are both dog people and would have one if not for the landlord not allowing
pets. In just one day Aniela already told us she wanted a puppy for Christmas...great!!  Well technically she will have one around so she will kind of get her wish! I am sure the other presents she gets will distract her from wanting a dog...I hope!  Stay tuned for all the Christmas posts to come....with the way things have started out I am sure they will be interesting!

2 comments:

Susanna said...

They don't even look tired- I think they are super human. I think Aniela should get a puppy. I am more than willing to donate ours. It would add some extra spice to your life! PS- the kids are SOOOO cute- wish I was there! Hugs and kisses to all...

Chelsea said...

I love this! This is better than the web cams at the pet kennels. We can just log on and see what Finley is up to on his vacation. Hope he is remembering his manners!