Saturday, September 20, 2014

2nd Harvest Hammer Relay and Family Fun...

Eric and I ready to race
This weekend we went up to Sterling so I could run the 5K portion in the Harvest Hammer Relay. Our brother-in-law, Eric, rode the bike portion. It has been an off year for me in terms of running. I had a knee injury training for a full marathon earlier in the year and just never got my running groove back this year. I learned a lot about listening to my body and am just thankful to be able to run at all! Although I didn't PR this year I had a great run and due to Eric's improved cycling we beat our overall time. The bonus to all of this was fun with family. The cousins played, we took a family bike ride on the Hennepin trail, and even threw in a super early birthday party for Granny since she is always in Florida on her birthday.


Happy early birthday Granny




1 comment:

Pam said...

Gotta love those family celebrations and early birthday surprises! Couldn't wish for a nicer day! Awesome to get some biking with the entire family. Awesome! Pray that we can do a repeat next fall.