Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Helpers...

Yesterday after dinner I sat there watching Aniela and Charles clear the table and wash the dishes. They tag teamed it,  Charles rinsed the plates while Aniela loaded the dishwasher. Zofia even helped clear her own plate, which is always nerve-racking to see if she can make it to the counter without spilling any leftovers or dropping her plate. As I was watching them it dawned on me just how grown up they are. I must say I hate seeing them grow up so fast, but I am enjoying putting my feet up after dinner and not having to do the dishes!


Aniela and Charles really are helping out and becoming more independent. One night all three of them managed to take baths and get ready for bed without any help from Charlie or me. Having older kids help the younger ones is awesome! This morning Charles helped Zofia put on her tennis shoes and even tied them for her. He is so proud to have finally learned to tie his shoes and his new found skill helped us get out the door quicker too. And although Zofia is the youngest she is very independent. She sees what her brother and sister do and wants to do it too. Out of all my kids she is also the most sassy, hard headed, and dramatic child so telling her that she can't do something is always a fun site to behold. With that determination I'm sure she won't be to far behind in carrying her weight in housework.




1 comment:

Pam said...

Kids grow up way too fast! Love the grand kid's work ethic! Do they hire out? :)

Granny and Grandpa