So one of my good friends, Candice, talked me into taking an upholstery class with her at the local community college. She knew I had been wanting to recover an armchair that my parents handed down years ago and said it would be a great way to get it done. I decided to go for it. I figured it would be a great opportunity to finally learn how to use our sewing machine.
And after 8 classes I am very happy with the results of my first big sewing project! I chose a neutral fabric so that the chair will match other rugs and furnishings throughout the house. Because the odds of us staying in this house for the long haul is pretty slim. Not that were moving any time soon but when your married to a CAT rep it's good to be prepared. Plus I can always add an accent pillow or blanket for a pop of color.
Most of all I am excited about being able to operate our sewing machine. To actually have gotten the manual, and teach myself how to use the thing was a huge undertaking. I am definitely the type that learns through demonstration. But I did it and felt such a sense of accomplishment for teaching myself.
Now I can't wait to recover pillows. You see I have a pillow problem. I can't get enough of them! There are so many cute ones out there and they can change the look of a room so easily, but man are they expensive. So now I can purchase my own fabric and just recover the pillows I already have. I can't wait. Actually I can, to be honest I need a break from sewing!
No comments:
Post a Comment