Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Where In The World is Charlie...

Windermere, Ontario

Charlie was invited by Kinross, the Caterpillar mining customer he covers, for their large scale yearly meeting. This year it is being held in Windermere, Ontaria. Which is about 2 ours north of Toronto. Charlie flew in on Monday and since he had one night in Toronto he hit the Superstore. It's a store that is a mix between Walmart and Target and a place we shopped at a lot in Fort McMurray. I sent him on a mission for a few tubs of Zincofax, the best diaper cream ever invented. And of course I threatened his life if he failed to return with some chocolate! He called me Monday night from the store and told me he is stocked up with chocolate and diaper cream but had a few choice words since he now has to check his luggage. The diaper cream exceeds the limit for "liquid" items in a carry on. Charlie hates checking luggage and is by far the best packer out their. The man can get away with a carry on for a one week trip. How that is possible I have no clue! I guess that's what happens when you have been traveling for the past 10 years.

On Tuesday morning he drove up to Windermere and is staying at the Windermere House on Lake Rosseau. I wouldn't mind having business meetings in this kind of setting. Although Charlie has barely time to enjoy himself as he's back home on Thursday. Compared to his long stints in Alaska this is nothing!
So quaint
I can picture myself in one of those chairs, wrapped in a blanket, reading a good book and drinking some hot tea

1 comment:

Pam said...

i12Ah, I'm drinking a "cuppa" as I read this ... not sitting at a lake, but sitting in my recliner.